This journey through books started on December-2016 and it was specific and you can say something predetermined in the perspective of Spirituality.
So far I have published about 27 Blogs on Vedanta (Upanishad). In this blog series, I am going to let you know, how I entered into the world of Vedanta.
Certain odd events in my life made me very low during the mid 2016. Indeed I was very happy with my professional life, due to my promotion to the post of Dy. General Manager (CNS) , Ahmedabad Airport in the month of June-2016 with independent charge of AERODROME OPERATION CONTROL CENTER (AOCC) ), AUTOMATIC SWITCHING SYSTEM (Important system for for flight movements), All types of communication system for inter and intra Airports, along with additional responsibilities of Surveillance Systems (Primary Radar, Secondary Radar, Automatic Dependant Surveillance system[ADS] and to impart Training. I was doing good with Jeal and enthusiasm with my team, yet I was highly unhappy which was purely personal. As I was committed to my job which was directly related to passenger safety and security, so I had to be on my toe for that. I had to care the systems 24/7. That was a tough situation but without much difficulties I was managing well as far as my responsibilities towards my organization( AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA) was concerned.
At certain moment I started thinking like this ” Who will cry when I will die”. Within a day or two, I found a book named ” Who will cry when you die : By Robin Sharma” in the Airport Book shop. I decided to buy that book anytime soon. But I missed the chance to buy that one from the Airport Book Shop. I was so busy with my job that it was not possible to find even time to search the book in other stores. That time, I never thought of buying it online. I went to Bangalore to visit my daughter and son in law. I stayed for some time there. I searched the book in book stores like ” Cross World”. It was out of stock. My daughter suggested me buy it online from Amazon or flipkart. I did that and bought one from Amazon. Finally the book was in my hand. Finally books became my mentor and saved me from going into depression and get lost.
The first book came in my mind was: Who will cry when you die : By Robin Sharma:
The Second book: The Monk Who sold his Ferrari: By Robin Sharma:
The Third book: The Power of your Subconscious Mind: By Joseph Murphy
Above mentioned three books changed my life to a new direction and thereby a new journey started in my life. These three books along with others worked as saviour in my life. These three books were the pioneer to build an interest in the field of Vedanta and Modern Science[ Quantum Physics and Quantum Biology]. I will share everything with you my dear readers. What magical events happened in my life, that I will share in the next part. In this part I have listed few books that initially helped me. I will write in details about the contents of the books in short.
After reading these three, I got the following books miraculously.
Next appeared in my life are the books shown above These books are like life saving drugs, even more than that.
PART-A: List of the books I have gone through initially:
- Who will cry when you die : By Robin Sharma: 21-12-2016
- The Monk Who sold his Ferrari: By Robin Sharma: 21-12-2016
- The Power of your Subconscious Mind: By Joseph Murphy: 21-3-2017
- Subconscious Mind Power: How to use the Hidden Power of your Subconscious mind: By Thompson James: 24-10-2017
- Master your Mind, Master your Life:15 Mind set hacks That will unleash your full potential Today: By Magnus Steele:05-12-2017
- The Shift: Taking your life from your Ambition to Meaning: By Wayne W. Dyer: 08-01-2018
- Evolve your Brain: The Science of Changing your Mind: By Joe Dispenja: 31-12-2017
- I am The Mind: By Deep Trivedi: April:2017
- I AM: The Power of Discovering Who you Really are: By FALCO HOWARD: 15-6-2017
- THE BIOLOGY OF BELIEF: 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles: Lipton Bruce H.
- MINDSET : How Positive thinking will set you Free & Help you achieve massive success in your life. By Benjamin smith.
- How to Eliminate Negative Thoughts and Emotions. By beau Norton, the CEO & Founder of ” Perfectly at Peace”.
- How to Transform your life: A blissful journey : Geshe Kelsang Gyasto
- Raise your Vibration: 111 Practices to increase your Spiritual connection: By Kyle Gray.
- Raise your Vibration: By Sabrina Reber
- Death by Black Hole and other COSMIC QUANDARIES: By Neil De Grasse Tyson
- The power of Truth: by William George Jordan
- Back to the Truth: 500 years of ADVAITA
- The Secret of Infinite Intelligence: By Antar
- THE DIVINE MATRIX: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles and Belief. By GREGG BRADEN
- THE TEN PRINCIPAL UPANISHADS.****** Translated By: Shree Purohit Swami and W.B.YEATS.
- BLACK HOLES: The BBC Reith Lectures : Stephen Hawking.
- Taking the Quantum Leap: The new Physics for Non scientists: By Fred Alan Wolf
- You are the Universe by Deepak Chopra and Menas Kafatos.
- BIOCENTRISM : How life and Consciousness are the keys to understanding the True nature of the Universe: By Robert Lanza MD with BOB BERMAN
- The Self Aware Universe: How Consciousness creates the material world: By Amit Goswami, Ph.D.
- THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE: By Michael Talbot.
In the next part I will write about the life changing events that happened after reading the books with full attention. It will be about Miracles that happened in my life:” THE POWER OF SUBCONSCIOUS MIND” Yes! That is it.
It is my sincere request to the esteemed readers to share their opinion or queries if any. Suggestions to make the site attractive will be highly helpful for me. Readers are requested to read all the posts to have continuation of the topic from the beginning. My mail ID is : firstname.lastname@example.org
10 thoughts on “Those Books that changed the direction of my life-Part-1”
I have two of them ,they are awesome
Which are those two?
All the books are awesome.
Please share your experience.
Thank you so much for your comments 😊
Best wishes Reena.
Stay blessed always. Regards 🙏
Sir, I have read ‘The shift’ by Wayne Dyer and amazed by the author inputs on having positive thoughts and combatting skills. Similarly, ‘The biology of belief’ by Bruce was an excellent read with details of genes and so on. Both books offered me different visions on the spectrum of looking life in a different perspective. And have downloaded the ‘biocentrism’ book yet to lay my eyes on! Like you I too rely on books for the support and so far it is being my source of existence. I admire your books collection and appreciate your views.
Thank you so much for your detailed comments on my blog. I have also read The Shift” by Wayne Dyer. I have also read other books that I will list in my next part. Part by part.
Somewhere around 150 books I have finished and some have been repeatedly read.
Biology of belief and evolve your brain has been read quite many times.
Wonderful compilation of books 😅
I actually was thinking to read some books to improve vocabulary 📚
And here is the compilation
Thanks sir for suggestions 😌
This will come in series
Oh ohk great 👍
I am glad to read about your interests. I have not read any of those books you mentioned. I would like to know if any of those books deal with the distinction between physical matter and living matter. I appreciate the freespeech rights. People are free to use phrases like evolving brain and power of the subconscious mind. We are free to use words in everyday conversations without attaching any specific meaning to any term. I can claim that my life has changed after admitting that I am not the ruler, the governor, the controller, or the administrator of the building blocks of my body called cells. The living functions that the body performs are not dependent upon the learning experience or acquired knowledge. Kindly provide the context to verify the claim about the change in your life.
Thank you so much for your comments. As you want to know that those books deal with the distinction between physical matter and living matter, my answer is NO.
Rightly you have mentioned that you appreciate free speech rights
In this world of mankind, some people deliver speech and some people listen to it and some of them think deeply on that and perceive some thing.
You have asked for the context to verify the claim about the change in my life.
It is very difficult to list the changes in public domain.
Only this much I can say that I am living with great happiness than before. The worries and sufferings have become negligible.
Thanks a lot for spending time to read my article 😊
My best regards to you 🙏